Engr. Olubajo Osunsanya
|Computer Resource Centre is the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) nerve center of the Federal University of Technology, Akure. The Centre has a number of units among which Software Engineering Unit is a vital one. The Software Engineering Unit exists to fulfill certain missions.
The Software Engineering Unit of CRC exists to fulfill the following:
- To provide enterprise resource solution for the University: This involves the in-house development of numerous software engines for effective and efficient operations of individual departments, units, and centers of the University.
- To generate revenue for the University through total solution provisioning to the outside world – educational institutions, industries, banks, commercial ventures, governments, and developing countries in Africa.
- To serve as Software Incubation Centre for the University and the whole Nigeria through thorough research and development in the field of Software Engineering and other related fields in order to produce solutions and products of local, national, and global relevance and importance.
- To initiate, take lead, and participate in both academic and industrial research and development efforts geared towards evolving computer-based solutions in diverse sectors of the economy of Nigeria and the whole world.
- To contribute immensely to the development and advancement of Software Industry in Nigeria through active participation by rolling out off-the-shelf sophisticated, efficient, robust, and reliable software products.
- To engage in training professional software developers.
- To participate in ICT awareness campaign within and outside FUTA community.